Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Battle of the Bulge...

So here we are again...I guess it must be fate...


Anywho, this weekend I gave myself a little test as far as my diet went. The parentals came up Saturday, and we went out TWICE in one day. Who does that? But we did. Mom and I hit Olive Garden for lunch. I did pretty good-didn't necessarily order the most healthy thing, but I ate less than half and took the rest home. And then for dinner we hit Hu Hot. I think I did okay-I tried to make good choices and put in more veggies than noodles to lessen the carb coma I was sure would be inevitable. So, I think I passed.

And it must not have been too bad, because come Sunday I have managed to lose a pound. 1 pound-not too shabby, especially considering the fact that I am on my period, which never helps the scale factor.

So there we have it kids-I have upped my speed and distance for running-just another tenth of a mile for distance, but it's farther than I was running last week. Or 6 months ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, hon! Keep it going!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment! Hope you have a good week. I'll see if I can find a picture of the cross ramp to post.