Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Monday, February 8, 2010

McFatty Monday!!!

The Superbowl did not get me down! I was worried-my husband likes to go all out with the food for the main event, and this year was no exception. So, while my husband smoked ribs, made jalapeno poppers and velveeta/rotel dip, I made whole wheat pizza with turkey sausage, onions and green peppers. I also made a cake, but I didn't eat any of it. I did eat two slices of my pizza and one rib. Not so shabby. I also had a Mountain Dew throwback, just for fun. But on the whole, I figure I came out okay.


I also went the morning of and ran 1.5 miles and walked 2 miles. Woo hoo! My distance is way up! And for the first time this weekend, I really felt like a runner. Both Saturday and Sunday when I ran, it was easier. I didn't start to get worn out until 1.25 miles. On Sunday I felt like I could have run more, but I didn't want to push it, so I walked extra. Saturday I also did a ton o' weights.

And, drumroll please....I am down a pound. Not much, but I am in jeans today that are a size smaller! Woo hoo!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the loss and being able to resist the superbowl snacks. I had trouble with that.

nicolesspirit878 said...

You did well considering the Super bowl is the ultimate junk food day. Also good job running thsi week too, keep it up and looking forward to following you.

Beth Anne said...

CONGRATS to you on holding out on Superbowl Sunday! That took willpower that I definitely don't have!

& damn on the exercise - 3.5 miles total? You are my hero.