Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Skipping Thanksgiving...

I'm not going to lie. I don't really love Thanksgiving. I don't respect the turkey. I could completely skip Thanksgiving and be happy. It is fairly common knowledge among my family and friends that I LOVE Christmas, and every year I am usually the first to put my tree up. And I did. This weekend. I couldn't help myself! I started this trend several years ago because we are never at our house for the holidays, we are always traveling back to our parents houses, and so I like to put it up a little early so that we have more time to enjoy our decorations. So, without further ado, here is my ornament parade, so that you can see everything that I love about my tree.

I cherish ornaments. They are like memories, with everything good and beautiful from all of the years of my life. We buy an ornament to commemorate everything new and exciting that we do.

It only seemed appropriate that this would be the first ornament on the tree this year. It has the year and our new address on the back.
We don't really have a "theme" for our tree, but if we do, this is it: love. Things we love, people we love, events that we loved. Love for each other.
This is the ornament Mr. M suprised me with after our honeymoon. It is a small replica of the cruise ship we were on.
This is just a representation of us. Mr. M is notorious for wearing Chucks all the time.
This is an ornament my grandpa made a few years back. He used to be a brilliant wood carver and crafter. Now, he is older and has arthritis, but he still plays around with it.
This is the ornament my sister gave us when we got engaged. She also gave us an ornament when we first started dating, and...
...this one when we got married!
This is the overall effect. There are so many more that I love-ornaments for our pets, ornaments made by my nieces...I love putting up my tree every year and just looking at every one and thinking about the person who gave it to me.
This is my nativity because we love the baby Jesus. We actually have 4 nativities up.
Our sad, lonely stockings, and the Christmas village that Mr. M and I painted. We paint more buildings for it every year.
And our 2nd, smaller tree in the living room. I told you I love Christmas!
What is your favorite ornament?














0 comments: