Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Monday, November 8, 2010

MM: C25K, anyone?


I am down another pound! :o) I have not had this much success losing weight in...a long time. I get it. Something has shifted. I finally had the guts to make a major change in what I was doing. And Mr. M is on board, too, which helps immensely.

So here is what I've done that is major so far:
  • I switched to a "diabetic" diet. After my scare with the doctor last week, I realized that I eat way too many carbs-not the sugary, cake and cookies kind of way. Like, the I really like pasta and potatoes kind of way. So I consume less than 225 grams of carbs daily. This has forced me to switch out some of my starchy sides for more veggies.
  • I am starting a C25K today. Inspired by Blair and hearing her talk about pounding pavement, well, I just want to...

Mr. M bought me the new Nikes you see above over the weekend, because he is such a great husband :o) They are the Zoom Vomero+4 Running Shoes. I think this is the first, really expensive pair of running shoes I've every owned. Pretty stoked about that.

Good luck to everyone else who is running, or just trying to get some motivation. Let's do this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you.are.awesome!

I really want to do this. But I keep thinking of the logistics of it and think how do I make it work with a full-time job and two kids to take care of? I just don't know.

Beth Anne said...

ahhhhhhhhhh I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE RUNNING!!!!

You'll love it. Love it, love it, love it. Good luck!

& awesome shoes.

Kyle and Darci said...

Woo hoo!! The c25K is a GREAT program!!

And I love the kicks!!