Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

And running-running, and running-running...

Today I finished week 1 of my C25K. I still felt like I didn't really hit my stride until about rep 5. And I'm not sure how I will fair on week 2. But I'm going to do it!


It was only 35 degrees today. I waited until 2pm, hoping the sun would come out and it would warm up some. No such luck. In fact, it started spitting and snowing on me a bit while I was running. Awesome.


I have found a good clothing routine for the cold. I wear a pair of leggings under my yoga pants, and a long underwear top under my hoodie. Then I have an ear band and gloves, although I might go for a stocking cap next time. Not too concerned with how I look here, but I felt pretty cozy most of the time. Oh, and thick socks. Those were mucho importante.


Some time I should take pictures of my route. I run a loop from my house, down to the corner of the school, then back past my house to the highway, and repeat. It is roughly a 1 mile loop when you walk it once. It is fairly secluded, a few cars will drive by, but not too crazy. There are two small hills, and it is paved.


Anyhow, so far I am enjoying running. And running in this brutally cold weather makes me feel like a "real" runner, whatever that means. But I am looking into a gym membership in town for the next few months. I might need it!


(This is what I think I look like...hahahaha)

0 comments: