This McFatty Monday is officially my 100th post! Woo-hoo!
My weight this week is the same. Kind of expected that.
My C25K was side-lined by a nasty upper-respiratory infection. I still ran Monday and Wednesday, then Thursday went to the doc when I couldn't stop hacking. Got my antibiotics, rested a bunch this weekend, and I feel much better! I did opt to take a brisk walk on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday I put up Christmas decorations (see below) and ripped some more carpet out of the spare bedroom. So it wasn't totally without activity.
Mr. M and I have been researching the WAPF (Weston A. Price Foundation) diet. Basically, the premise is to eat whole foods that have not been changed and pumped full of preservatives and weird stuff. I kind of like the idea of adopting some parts of this, like using and drinking raw milk. We already do some of this. We use butter instead of margarine, and we eat mostly grass-fed meat. We eat lots of veggies, thanks to our recent diet change. Some parts I don't think I can do, like using lard to cook, or eating lots of organ meats. I would opt instead for things like the EVOO (organic) and coconut oil for cooking. But the premise of it makes sense. If you eat more natural, organic, whole foods then you will be a healthier person. I get it.


2 comments:
Congrats on your 100th! It's funny how simple eating whole foods sounds, but it takes effort to put it into practice. Good luck! Hope your infection clears up soon!
woohoo for the 100th!!!
& get better soon - respiratory stuff is awful.
Post a Comment