Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Monday, March 1, 2010

McFatty Monday: Bad genes?

I think I am cursed with bad DNA. Okay, I know it. Both sides of my family are not small people. We have a history of diabetes, high blood pressure...so on top of my own stupidity in letting myself gain this much weight, I have to fight against a slow metabolism and my gene pool. I don't want to be a pole. I don't think I ever could be. I just want to be healthy, and to like the way I look in clothes.

I didn't lose this week, but I didn't gain. I am down a total of 12 lbs, and I have lost a total of 2 inches in my waist, and 2.5 inches in my hips. I plan on trying on my wedding dress over spring break, which is in two weeks for us. Hopefully it will give me an extra push to get some more weight off before summer.
And for a much needed spring boost, here are some more finds I plan to at least try on if not purchase:
Love this little paisley keyhole dress! (avenue.com)
Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I am a yellow fanatic! This cutesy outfit looks so spring and fun! (lanebryant.com)
I am swooning over this retro swimsuit, although I don't love a halter neckline, but who knows! (avenue.com)
What spring wardrobe item are you most looking forward to wearing?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

That dress is beautiful!

Diabetes has affected all of the women on my mom's side of the family and one case was severe. I am using it as another motivation to get healthy!

Mrs.Joe said...

I love the bathing suit - I've been looking for one just like that!!