Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

AHHHH!

Well, we hunted. We saw 4 different houses on Friday, narrowed it down between two, and then decided on this one:So we put in an offer!



This is all suddenly very real. It is a 4 bed, 2 bath house on 40 acres. Pretty freaking excited about it. And yes, it has a fire engine red roof, which I personally love and some people may hate. It was built in 1920, and like most old farm houses of the day, it has smaller rooms and lacks some storage, but these are all things we can work with or fix in the future. I won't show you the million picture I took, yet, until we get through negotiations and know for sure that it is ours, but let's just say that this pretty well sold me on it:


This would be a hugegantic bathroom with a soaker tub. Obviously the wall paper will have to go away (fortunately this room and the dining room are the only ones blessed with wall paper) but this was clearly made for me.


And all of this home searching has me thinking about furniture, decor, etc. Including these bad boys:



Yes, these are pigs. Stacked pigs. I love them.

And this dining table. I have a thing for black tables/chairs with wood tops.



And this light fixture that needs to come be with me, now.
More to come later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT! I have a thing for old homes. Our house was built in 1928. I would love to fix up an old home though. Just think, if it's your forever home you can make it into the perfect home you've always dreamed of! I need to see more pictures : )

Unknown said...

That home looks beautiful! I love reading about how people decorate their homes so please, show us what you do!

Good luck!

Anne said...

Good luck! Looks like a great house :)