Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love hummus almost as much as I love the color yellow.

And if you read often, you will know that is quite a bit.
I have decided that I should start kind of food journaling via my blog and taking some pics of what I eat. I became bound and determined after trying on *the dress* to look HOT in it for the TTD pics. And since I am working out 5-6 days a week like a crazy person, the area I really need to work on is FOOD. Yesterday, as promised, Mr. M and I hit the grocery and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies (bananas, apples, squash, broccoli, avocadoes, peppers, etc.), yogurt, bagels, wraps, salads, turkey products and pita chips and hummus!!!
I really am as good of an eater as what I have on hand. This experiment will be proof of that. Also, Mr. M is a little resentful about me turning our home into a health food store, so sometimes I am just going to have to cook two meals at the same time. And this is going to have to be okay. We agreed on that.

So on Tuesday I had:
breakfast-ww english muffin with peanut butter and an apple
lunch-bagel sandwich with turkey, cheese, avocadoes and spicy mustard
snack-pita chips and hummus
dinner-baked Italian turkey cutlets and yellow squash
snack-vanilla ff pudding

And Wednesday I had:
breakfast-fruit smoothie (frozen strawberries, banana, strawberry yogurt and pb)
lunch-salad (spinach, mixed greens, turkey, avocado, green pepper, cheese and light ranch)
snack-apple with pb
dinner-leftovers of Italian chicken, yellow squash
snack-vanilla ff pudding

The recipe was super easy, and I used my own canned spaghetti sauce!



TURKEY CUTLET PARMESAN (from cooks.com)

1 pkg. turkey cutlets, about 5 pieces
1 pkg. grated Mozzarella cheese
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley
Pepper
1 c. Italian tomato sauce or olive oil
Chopped garlic (optional)

Beat eggs well, dunk turkey cutlets in egg mixture until well covered. Dredge cutlets in bread crumb, cheese mixture on both sides. Place in baking dish that has 1/2 of tomato sauce in it. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley (chopped garlic), pepper. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for another 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve alone or with your favorite pasta.

Enjoy!

0 comments: