Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Let's Talk about PAINT!!!

And decorating and all of those fun things. Because on Monday our hopefully-will-be house is getting appraised and we will pretty well know whether we get to close or not!


And I stopped by Pier 1 today. Let's just say that I had a falling out with Pier 1 a while back. We registered there for our wedding, it was great, I used to go there a lot. Then Pier 1 started to get weird. The stuff wasn't the same, and I didn't like it. Well, I finally went back today after not having stepped in the store for a few years, and I'm glad I did. It was kind of like God sent me to Pier 1. Because I found the curtains I have been SEARCHING for.



These puppies. They are a gorgeous red, yellow, green and blue check. $40 a panel. So worth it. I didn't buy them yet, but I will. At least I know where they are. I could find something similar with red and brown, or green and yellow, etc. But these are PERFECT! for the living room in this color:





Which is a wonderful camel color. And I would add these throw pillows on our sofa:

And just to get it all started, I bought these really sweet coasters to go on the new coffee table Mr. M built me for Christmas.

And maybe, just maybe I bought two really adorable aprons. You know why? Because they were $15 each! And everywhere I have looked, cutesy aprons are $30 or MORE. For APRONS.

Soooo there you have it. Maybe next time I will show you a peek of my plans for the dining room.

What do you think? Good for an old country farm house, no?



0 comments: