Today my weight is the same as last week. Which is nothing short of a miracle, considering the fact that we went to 2 potluck dinners this weekend, and last week I made some low fat stroganoff using up the last of our white pasta. And I ate a lot of it.
BUT I ran. Week 2 of the C25K (which I think is really supposed to be week 4 for me-shhh, don't tell) kind of kicked my butt. Day 1 (Wednesday) was hard. 90 seconds of running, 60 seconds of walking, repeat 8 reps. Reps 4 and 5 felt good. The rest were hellish. Day 2 (Friday) was better. Reps 3-6 felt good and 1, 2, 7 and 8 were rough. And Day 3 (Sunday) was not so bad. Reps 1 and 2 were hard, but the rest were okay. I felt really good on 3-7. Like, Eye of the Tiger good!
It is funny to me how things can change. I was totally one of those people a year ago, two years ago, etc. that watched Oprah, and when the nutrition/weight episodes were on, and the doctor said to get rid of "white" foods-flour, sugar, potatoes, pasta, etc.-I laughed. I would NEVER do that. I loved those things. And here I am, years later, doing it. Because I feel better. Because it makes me healthier. And it's not so bad. I enjoy it. Woah.
What are you doing that you said you would never do?
Helpers Be Helping
1 year ago


1 comments:
I always said I wasn't a runner, but I am really enjoying it!
Good for you for pushing through the hard parts - sometimes I think I just can't keep going on C25K, but I take it 10 seconds at a time until I feel comfortable again.
Post a Comment