Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover :o)

This is the current conundrum going on in my home:


Paint swatches. Everywhere. Which one??? (living room) Right now I am leaning towards the bottom right one, with the one to the left of it running a close 2nd.


And in the kitchen. I painted a test swatch with one of those sample thingies. It's too light and lemony. I want something a little richer. I like the bigger swatch. I think it might be the right mix of yellow/mustard/cream.


AND...the finished dining room! Here is a 360 view:

I painted the room with two coats of primer and two coats of paint. It used to look like this:


We still need to refinish the floor (a winter project, along with every other floor in the entire house) and find a good area rug, but other than that I am pretty pleased!


Color: Valspar Spruce Grove
Curtains: K-Mart
Furniture: Hand me downs refinished by me!


Fun story about the artwork: It is a Norman Rockwell's Marriage License. We were both always big NR fans, but we looked at this one after we got married, and realized that the date on the calendar in the picture is OUR WEDDING DATE! Yep, the little flip calendar on the wall in the painting says "Saturday, June 11" which is when we got married in 2005! It was meant to be :o)

0 comments: