
So, here it is! Our farm house, circa 1887. It currently has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, big kitchen, office, etc. Inside pics will come later as things get updated.
Nothing like a good rainbow across the street to make you feel pretty good about your purchase :o) This was the 3rd day we lived here.
Our two new chickens, courtesy of my sister's classroom. Vanilla and Brownie.
Our house came with three outdoor cats. Two are quite nice. One is feral and entirely afraid of humans. This is Charlie Bucket. The other two are named Cigar and Fidel.

This is the original 1840's house that is on our property (40 acres). There is all kinds of cool old stuff in here, and Mr. M already used some of the old wood to make me a bench.
So far we have acquired our pigs, some baby turkeys and baby ducks. We have two ponds, so the ducks will be quite happy. We are planning to get some calves quite soon.
The joys of home-ownership are still exciting to us. I'm sure in about a year, when we put on new siding, a new roof and new windows I may be cussing under my breath. But for now, we are enjoying everything, including an unexpected journey into mold removal in the basement.
Honey, we're home!



2 comments:
It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see some indoor pictures! I don't own a home, so I live vicariously through other people's renovations!
It's absolutely amazing! 40 acres? That is awesome! I bet it will be so peaceful. My dream is to buy an old historic house just outside the city and turn it into an outdoor wedding venue. I'm jealous! Have fun!
Post a Comment